Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lazy Summer Days

I have not been very art-productive lately. But I've been doing lots of summer reading of my old favorites: Veranda magazine, Country Living magazine, Horchow website etc. I haven't done any antiquing as many of the antique/junk shops in Pennsylvania are not air conditioned. Old and musty becomes overwhelmingly old and musty when the heat is high! 

I'm still looking for inspiration for decorating our master bedroom. Yes, I realize that this is very anti-feng shui of me especially that it's now been over a year since we moved in our house here. But, I cannot settle on a color or a scheme or anything! Suggestions are very welcome! 

I haven't been up to much art except that I painted this old bench green. What a work of art ;)


I love bright colors and this picture in Veranda magazine made me want to paint my walls vibrant red! 

An interesting painting that I would like to duplicate

I'd love to set up a table like this somewhere in my little house. Love family photos all about.

These gold framed prints really caught my eye

I know if I patterned an entire room- it would not look anywhere near as good as this one.



This is really the only ongoing art project I've had since the spring: my garden. Loving the summer colors and contrasts!

As my 2 yr old likes to tug on my necklace and his comfort thing, this would be a great necklace for me. Durable and very cute.

Trying to decorate my master bedroom. STILL looking for inspiration. This design by Trina Turk is really tickling my fancy.

The coordinating pillows

Or a tamer scenario by Pottery Barn?

No comments:

Post a Comment