Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Fever

It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  ~Mark Twain

Since my last post, I have had this "spring fever" that Mark Twain wrote about. So many things to do, and not quite sure how to go about it, hence, I have been ALL over the place. 

My trip home really shook things up. While Natchez, MS was in full bloom in March, I returned to Pittsburgh, PA to snow. Yes, SNOW! It was a shock to my system and I do believe my heart went haywire.

I put a photo montage together in our stairway that looks over the living room. That bare spot had finally stared at me one too many days.

I visited my favorite Rt. 19 Antiques and longingly looked at this embroidered ship. I've never seen anything like it before. My husband and I both love boats.

I visited this nursery called Rooted in Thyme. A new fav hang-out of mine. I must put a blue bench SOMEWHERE in my garden.

I rearranged furniture and paintings. We don't have a finished basement, so our study off the dining room doubles as a playroom. Not much "studying" is done here!

I decided to paint the armoire and add new knobs. I really really like it now. The painting my husband gave me for my 30th birthday now hangs in the dining room (on left).

I drove to Washington, D.C. in the snow, sleet, and rain. I heard there was better weather over that way.

Enjoyed bike riding (in the rain) with one of my best friends from college. I am pretty happy with how this in-motion-biking-in-the-rain-in-front-of-the-White-House-self-photo turned out!

I really wanted to go sit in these lovely white adirondack chairs in front of this mansion in Chevy Chase, MD. But, I thought the owners might mind.  Note to self: Earn mansion and these chairs... Might need to start with just the chairs.

These streets of Chevy Chase, MD tunneled by cherry blossom trees were breathtaking. 

I really like this simple landscaping with a beautiful arbor and tall white picket fencing. I think this would go well with my mansion and adirondack chairs one day.

The sun came out one day in Pittsburgh. The Pirates baseball team may be the worst in the league, but they sure did build a beautiful stadium along a beautiful skyline and river.

Who knew a giant yellow steel structure could be beautiful? The Fort Pitt Bridge is gorgeous rain or shine.

I could do a whole post about this one daffodil. This is my first daffodil ever. I planted about 60 bulbs in the fall and it seems like a miracle that even just one has bloomed. Daffodils are my favorite flowers.

So, you see that my art-loving heart has tried to go in every direction I can think of. Now that spring is springing forth more strongly in Pittsburgh, I hope I can get back into a nice routine again. Running outside aimlessly every time the sun comes out and rearranging and repainting  large pieces of furniture is wearing me out.  

2 comments:

  1. Love the update! Hope to see you sometime!!! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Those white cherry blossoms are sweet.

    ReplyDelete