Monday, March 14, 2011

Natchez, MS

My hometown is Natchez, MS. I like to focus on the good things and when I'm home there are plenty of things that catch my eye. I'd really like to bring some of these back with me to Pennsylvania. The ideas at least. :)
A pirate face mug from England... possibly soon to be a Pittsburgh Pirate?
St. Mary's... there are Tiffany stained glass windows inside
The city park fountain behind St. Mary's
Love the ivy-like plant growing over the brick. I need to do this over some unsightly retaining walls in my own Pennsylvania garden. Also really like the flowers growing on the border.
A newly redone store on Main St called "Jack and Stella"- I love how it screams COME INSIDE AND SEE!
It's amazing what freshly painted bright green shutters can do to set off a 2nd floor apt downtown.
It's as yummy inside as it looks on the outside!
I may do a charcoal rubbing of this for my own PA house.
The only pets my family has ever kept and I think they are beautiful. The big one is about 6 years old! I hope to do their portraits one day.

2 comments:

  1. You know, you really do take amazing pictures!! If only you could teach me your ways.

    Love,

    Your secret admirer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos! Many of them I see every day but haven't taken the time to admire and appreciate.

    ReplyDelete