Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Watercolor Angel

Really wish I had my camera during my art supply trip today. I was standing in the paint aisle with my 1 yr old asleep in my arms, trying to look at what I needed, that of course was housed on the bottom shelf. Doing prolonged squats with a 30 pound weight draped across me was not the workout I had envisioned today. 

Anyway, I've decided to try my hand at watercolors and found that I hardly have any of the supplies needed.  Or really how to do them properly. A friend in my hometown of Natchez, MS recommended that I do some watercolors for sale to the tourists who come through our town especially during Spring and Fall Pilgrimages... so that's why I'm even attempting this. 

I was standing and squatting, standing and squatting, wishing that a professional watercolorist would just happen to walk by to help me, when, my wish came true. A retired middle school art teacher named Wendy stopped and walked me through exactly what I needed. Fate is fabulous!

This little watercolor kit folds up and fits in your pocket almost. I LOVE it and I haven't even used it yet!
Isn't it cute?

I will definitely be using these directions!


Love it even more- I will also be practicing my french while I paint!

A most heartfelt thank you goes out to Wendy, my watercolor angel who sat in the middle of the aisle with me today. 




No comments:

Post a Comment