Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring is a'Comin'!

This has been my first full Winter living in Pennsylvania. It's been an adjustment from the South, to say the least. It snowed last night at our house, but thankfully I am sitting somewhere in warm Mississippi this morning, as my son and I have come home for a little spring break. I guess I was anticipating the warmer weather of home, as this week I decided to go ahead and decorate our house in PA for Spring and Easter. Let me mention again, it snowed last night. And, I hear it's snowing there right now. So, I guess I have jumped the gun a little bit, but I will be happy to return to PA in a couple weeks to see the house all ready for Spring along with the daffodils and tulips coming up... just a little later coming up North.

Several months ago, I bought two giant eggs at Goodwill for 99 cents each.  My son thought they were the greatest toys he has ever owned, but I have been plotting their role in Easter decor since the moment I laid eyes on them. The day I bought the toolbox was also the day I swooped in on a little birdhouse that was literally rotting in the 30% off section of Rt. 19 Antique Mall. It had been there longer than the toolbox. It needed a home to love it. A few days ago, the silk flowers were just so attractive at Michael's Arts and Crafts Store that I bought a bunch. Definitely too many. I think I was just craving some color besides brown, dark brown, and gray in the landscape. 

An overzealous arrangement, I ultimately decided. But it does scream Easter!

I thought back to my Halloween door arrangement that I really liked the way it turned out, so I tried to go more along that path... but without the hay bales. So, I painted the eggs.
Personalization for our home
Some squigglies, some waves, some lines, and of course polka dots
I found some BEAUTIFUL very very GREEN Kimberly ferns at Home Depot that were just aching to brighten up a dull porch. Finally, a funny sort of tinsel bunny jumped out at me at a craft store and I knew that my son would adore him too. Somehow it all came together and I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out though I don't feel like it's quite complete:
Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment